De la mémoire à la paix
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 déc. 2015
The meeting « From Remembrance to Peace » will take place in Amiens Youth Hostel (France) from Tuesday 25th August to Saturday 5th September.
The choice of the city (Amiens) stood out due to its geographical position a few miles away from former war sites and memory places from WWI and WWII. Today, the stigmas of wars are still present.
As the capital of the Somme department and committed to the organization of the centenary of the Great War, Amiens offers to the young people suitable infrastructures to carry out the project. Moreover, many volunteer and professional key players will help them throughout the process.
We wish to promote to the young people tolerance and mutual understanding values. FUAJ, in partnership with the Europe Direct Picardie Information Centre and UFCV, is taking the opportunity of the centenary of the First World War to gather young people from different countries around the theme “From Remembrance to Peace”.
The purpose of the meeting is to bring up the young people to understand peace as the result of an active citizenship, so that when they will go back in their home countries they will continue their commitment in favor of peace, by spreading a message of tolerance between the nations.
Beyond the exchange, the meeting aims to:
- Revisiting the historical reasons that led people to oppose during the First World War.
- Understand the issue of citizenship through the concept of commitment.
- Encourage the “living together”.
The meeting is organized in collaboration with eight partner countries; it will be the opportunity to involve the local community in an international project.
The meeting aims at achieve the following goals:
1. To revisit the historical reasons that led people to oppose during the First World War identifying and understanding the mechanisms that led to the outbreak of the Great War.
2. To encourage the “living together” by:
a. Identifying and understanding the mechanisms, that today leads to dismissal, violence and hatred of the other.
b. Allowing for the meeting, exchanges and the confrontation of ideas about different forms of prejudice and discrimination and how to fight them to move towards peace.
3. Understand the issue of citizenship through the concept of commitment by motivating young people to get involved in the democratic life when they will go back home.
During this meeting, 40 young people will be brought through visits of commemoratives sites and meetings (volunteers, professionals, locally elected officials) to create a video that will describe the group life, reports, exchanges, educational work and peace messages.
The video could be used by social workers, educators and teachers (in projects including the living together, commitment, fight against discriminations, duty to remember).
The meeting will be based on active teaching methods. Indeed, the program will be co-constructed with young people, who will make a preparatory work upstream to the meeting. This work will allow us to direct and to define the content of the various activities. The expression of the young people will be eased through times of reflection and exchanges in small and big groups. They will be able to enrich and build their reflection by the implementation of individualized time of researches through a dedicated computer room.
This meeting will enable them to develop skills in:
- Public speaking
- Community life and work
- Taking initiative
- Understand a different culture
- Organization and action planning
- Learning teamwork
We will build the program of the meeting according to the three following axes:
- The women (implications and contributions)
- The child and the young (perception, vision, “heritage”)
- The civic commitment (role and implications of the actors and what it allows (remembrance) for the future generations in terms of involvement for peace).
The idea is to bring up the young people to work in three groups through different practical, theoretical times and visits and to make evolve their thinking to achieve peace messages.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien