Canapalea (Latin, Paille de chanvre) : Constructio..
Canapalea (Latin, Paille de chanvre) : Construction, Compétences, Coopération
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2018
"Why conducting a project about professionalizating stakeholders to use hemp in the building sector at European level?
1. Constructing and renovating with hemp, a growth market:
The market for sustainable construction and renovation is potentially significant in Europe. It is part of the EU 2020 strategy (energy, climate) and of national policies also. The use of natural materials in construction is all the more strategic as future national regulations, such as the Responsible Buildings 2020 France, aim at environmental performance, with requirements for quality of indoor air and the analysis of materials life cycle. In 2012, the Quality Construction Agency (AQC) validated the professional rules for hemp construction. These professional rules are an important asset as they ensure a greater access to the market by addressing the issue of insurability for businesses. Sustainable construction work account for 48 % of the total turnover for construction.
2. Professionals are not enough familiar with the hemp material and its implementation to meet local market opportunities.
2.1. A major problem is the lack of skills training. According to the study on the natural materials for construction sector in Brittany «Training schemes exist. However, they are short courses, not formalized. Care must be taken (sensitivity to moisture, fire behavior??) that involves implementation of specific knowledge. The latter is not only inadequate but it is not shared. And this lack of information concerns all stakeholders in the value chain (architects, contractors, construction economists, consultants, control offices, building professionals). «These ideas are fully shared by the Belgian, Italian and Spanish partners.
2.2. As these techniques are new, they require the professionals to enroll in a continuing education process, to exchange at European level and confront the results of ongoing research through experiments (recommendation of the Breton study).
3. A too timid sign of progress
There is a lack of promotion, communication about the quality of hemp in construction. Initiatives and enhancement spaces exist but they remain marginal. The Breton study points out the importance of exemplary buildings and the potential clarity of public procurement with public authorities being the client and project managers. Note that the overall public procurement accounts for 28% of total building business;.
The specific objectives of the Canapalea project
- Professionalizing the social and traditional construction businesses in order to acquire deep knowledge and skills on the characteristics and technical implementation of hemp through modular training qualifications linked to existing certifications recognized European mobility, experiments in connection with the labs research, appropriate training pedagogy.
- Professionalizing people on integration pathways on hemp techniques (future workforce in the construction business) through qualifying courses and European mobility.
- To help architects, construction economists, consultants, control offices understand the properties of hemp as a building material and its use through awareness / training.
- Reassure in an objective manner, demonstrate that it is possible to build or renovate with hemp for public clients via awareness-raising / training and the publication of a guide highlighting exemplary communities new or rehabilitation projects in France, Spain, Italy and Belgium.
Round the table to achieve these goals, 2 "social structures" recognized in the field of training and eco-construction - Etudes et Chantiers Bretagne - Pays de Loire in France and in Belgium Le Trusquin. A Belgian federation of stakeholders in the social economy - ACFI, a national association of bio-ecological architects in Italy - ANAB, the Baubiology Instituto Español in Spain implementing an Eco-Construction Master degree and Doctum, a Spanish Association, a stakeholder in built heritage renovation and training. »
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien