Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 janv. 2017
The Christian Foundation Diakonia (CFD) initiated an Educational programme for socially disadvantaged children with the goal of their integration to schools, which was established in 2001 in close cooperation with the local school and the Reformed Church. At the moment the programme functions in the Diakonia house in Mera. Mera is a village about 15 kms far from Cluj, composed by Hungarian, Romanian and Roma people. The children involved in the programme (56 / year) are mostly of Roma nationality. A teacher, social workers and volunteers are working with children after school hours, assisting them in their daily homework, encouraging reading, playing or implementing educational activities. In addition, the programme also focuses on raising awareness of Christian values, basic hygiene, acceptable behaviour patterns, and cultural – traditional values.
The project aims at promoting equity and inclusion by facilitating the access to learners with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities compared to their peers. The EVS project supports the after school activities for Roma children in the Diakonia house in Mera to promote the personal and social development of the children, to improve the knowledge in the main subjects by individual support during the home work.
The volunteer also have time to play with the children and to give them a perspective for their future. Especially a project which presents some professions will be established by the volunteer.
One volunteer from Germany will take part in the project. Rica Sonnerborn works voluntary in her parish in Pirna. Here she was able to gain experience in working with children and young people. She is open- minded, able to work with others and has a sense of justice for disadvantaged youngsters. She is open to other cultures and lifestyles. All these features fit well with the major project requirements.
1. support children during lunch
2. Supervision of the children during activities: doing homework
3. leisure time activities
4. own project to present different professions
5. bring in his own cultural background
6. to have some celebrations
7. take part in an international seminar about migration and human rights
results and impact:
- enhancement of the key competences of the children and of the volunteer
- to strengthen the personality of the participants
- promote to develop a professional perspective
- to widen the horizon and the enhance the mobility of the participants
- exchange of experiences with migration and human rights where on an European level
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien