An artistic trip around Europe
Date du début: 1 sept. 2015,
Date de fin: 31 août 2017
The project " An Artistic Trip Around Europe" is focused on Arts and Music trying to provide both teachers and pupils new ways of teaching/learning in this field. An exchange of good practices will help both subjects to get a better experience and improve their abilities. An analysis of the implementation of the curriculum in each country shows that often we make a big focus on having good results on Language and Maths, not paying so much attention on other pupils abilities, specially the ones involved in arts and music.
"Theory of Intelligences Multiples" of Howard Gardner will be used for developing the project.
The main objectives of the project for pupils are:
1. Improve the skills related to Arts and Music: the musical–rhythmic, the visual–spatial and the kinaesthetic intelligences.
2. Use the english language as a common way to communicate and make pupils realize the importance of learning english.
3. Use the ITC tools to integrate them in learning activities .
4. Awake the children an European citizenship awareness and know other cultures.
The main objectives of the project for teachers are:
1. Share and improve new methods and techniques of teaching art, music and dancing.
2. Create a teaching guideline as a source of lesson planning.
3. Improve skills in English.
4. Use ICT in contextual situations and in both planning, learning/teaching/dissemination activities
To develop this project five schools from five different countries are going to team up and join forces. This partners are:
- From Barcelona (Spain) : Josep Maria School. It's a preprimary and primary multicultural school, having around 470 pupils from 3 to 12 years old,
and 32 teachers.
- From Savonlinna (Finland): Nätki Elementary with 10 teachers and 150 pupils from the 1st to 5th grade.
- From Grebkow (Poland): Henryk Sienkiewicz School with six classes, children aged of 5-13 and a kindergarden. There's
about 200 students and 25 teachers.
- From Riga (Latvia): Valdis Zalitis school have about 500 pupils from the 1st to 6th grade and 40 teachers.
- From Vienna (Austria): Neue Mittelschule is located in a migrant district and it's a rather small school with about 200 pupils and the
most of them (95%) don't have German as their mother tongue.
The number of pupils with mobilities will be 74 but the project will involve more than 1000 people, counting other pupils in each school, teachers and families.
Different activities are scheduled related to different art disciplines: painting, drawing, music, happenings, experimenting with materials, video creation... In addition the project will provide pupils mobilities and in these a chance of working together in different workshops scheduled in different European countries. Methodologically mixing pupils of different countries in different workteams and using several and different techniques and materials would provide richer experiences practising with arts and music.
The main results expected are a teaching guideline about methodology in arts, and beyond the products related to each planned activity there will be a common product: a collage on a canvas made with the effort of all partners, a collage is an assemblement of different elements and materials to create a meaning and we can think about Europe as a "collage" of different cultures with the aim of constructing an European awareness. Our collage will be a metaphor about joining different forces around Europe to make a common creation. Concerning the curricular contents we expect teachers to improve their teaching methods of arts and music according to each country's curriculum and pupils to improve their skills in arts and music. At the same time the learning/teaching activities and experiencies will be integrated in each country's curriculum.
With this Strategic Partnership we expect both social and academic impact. The main impacts are:
- Revise and improve the schools teaching methods by providing to all teachers meaningful activities and ways of teaching, so they
can have more resources.
- Awake and develop creativity and imagination.
- The growth of an European citizenship awareness in both students and staff.
- Improve language skills for both pupils and teachers using English as a common language to communicate.
- Integrate ICT tools in the daily work activities.
Finally, this project will help our institutions to give them a european dimension, trying later to extend our partnership through differents projects (with e-twinning) in order to stablish a european cooperation between our schools.
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien