ACTING for Roma Genocide Remembrance and against..
ACTING for Roma Genocide Remembrance and against discrimination
Date du début: 1 août 2015,
Date de fin: 31 mai 2016
The 'ACTING for Roma Genocide Remembrance and against discrimination' project provides opportunities for young people from Germany and Hungary to remember the Roma Genocide, meet with survivors, share their experiences of discrimination and strengthen their active role, engagement and cooperation in fighting against discrimination through cooperative art work during international youth meetings.
The participants will learn about the Roma Genocide through local research and non-formal educational activities, take part in commemorations (2 August, 16 May), meet with the other group during two international encounters with whom they create artistic products (memorial in Hungary, drama performance in Germany) related to Roma Genocide remembrance and current discrimination issues. We aim to empower them and strengthen self-organization in their communities to challenge antigypsyism.
• To strengthen activism and cooperation of youth trough Roma Genocide remembrance and education
•To encourage mutual interaction of young people for the analysis of modern social issues through non-formal education
• To mobilize young Roma to participate in the creation of their own self-image and historical conscience in a positive and responsible way
• To develop a critical understanding of roma history and today’s struggle
• To develop a culture of remembrance trough participative methodologies
• 2 August: participating at local commemorations on Roma Holocaust Day
• September 2015: Preparatory meeting for project coordinators
• October: first international encounter in Hungary - the participants learn about Roma history, 16 May Romani Resistance through non-formal educational methods, they work together on creating a sculpture as temporary memorial and reflection of the Roma Genocide and present discrimination
• learning about the genocide through an online non-formal educational activity based on Roma survivors' video testimonies
• October 2015 until April 2016: local research about the Roma Genocide, meeting with survivors, collecting information, stories and sharing them on a website
• April 2016: second international encounter in Germany - the participants work together on a drama performance based on their local research of the past and own experiences of present discrimination
• 16 May: participants organize local commemorations on Romani Resistance Day
• Documentation: websites, blogs, personal reports/reflections, photos and videos
• local research and commemoration (16 May) organized by the group of youth
• artistic works related to remembrance and current discrimination:
During the first international encounter in Hungary: the participants work together on building a sculpture as temporary memorial of the Roma Genocide
During the second international encounter in Germany: the participants work together on a drama performance based on their local research
• enhanced engagement and cooperation of the participants in Holocaust education and remembrance
• strengthened self-esteem, active citizenship and self-organizational level of the participants through non-formal education, cooperative and participative methodologies
• reserach results and documentation of the art products and the events of the project will be published on a specific blog and different websites connected to the partner organizations that reach out to several Roma and npon-Roma youth organizations at national and european level
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien