Act Now: United for Solidarity
Date du début: 1 juil. 2015,
Date de fin: 30 sept. 2016
This individual EVS project involves a volunteer from the UK spending one year in Brussels to volunteer for the international youth-led organisation IFM-SEI. The main theme of the EVS is 'Act Now: United for Solidarity'. The volunteer will be part of the educational team preparing the programme of an exciting international camp with 3000 children and young people that will take place in summer 2016 in Germany.
- To provide the opportunity for a young volunteer to develop her competencies through volunteering in IFM-SEI
- To connect an EVS volunteer with a global group of local volunteers to prepare and implement a wide range of educational activities together, mainly at an international camp
- To enhance internal communication and raise awareness of Erasmus+ and EVS within our global membership
The volunteer will be involved in these four areas:
1) Working with international volunteers to prepare the educational programme of the international camp 2016. This will include communication and coordination of the international group, developing activities and running them at the camp as well as producing the camp handbook to disseminate the educational work.
2) Working with international volunteers to contribute to the development and running of seminars. This involves for example the annual European Falcon Network Seminar, a seminar on internationalism, a training for trainers and on child poverty.
3) Contributing to the development of information and communication strategies in IFM-SEI.
4) General involvement in activities prepared by IFM-SEI secretariat according to the learning needs and interests of the volunteer.
The project is based on non-formal education, as this is the core of our movement. Non-formal education is used in all our activities, whether local or international, and we will also lead the volunteer through a carefully structured participatory learning process in her office activities.
We expect to gain from this project a young volunteer full of self-confidence and new competencies to support her in finding fruitful employment and in staying engaged on the international level as a volunteer. Furthermore, her volunteering project will impact strongly on her local Woodcraft Folk group in Durham, UK, who will feel stronger connected to the international level through contact to an EVS volunteer who can open their eyes to an intercultural experience.
IFM-SEI will benefit from new ideas and input from a volunteer who is working on the grassroots level with children already. We will particularly benefit from the support the volunteer can give to the preparation of the IFM camp. Finally, our members will learn from her about EVS and other Erasmus+ activities during short workshops conducted by her.
The long-term benefit will be felt on children and young people worldwide through all of these results that are built with multiplication in mind.
OAKHAM Leicestershire, Rutland and Northamptonshire
Bonjour, vous êtes sur la plateforme Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur dédiée aux programmes thématiques et de coopération territoriale. Une équipe d’experts vous accompagne dans vos recherches de financements.
Contactez la Région Sud Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Vous pouvez nous écrire en Anglais, Français et Italien