Women represent half of the population but very few participate in any kind of decission-making boards on local, national or european level neither in politics nor in civil-society.
in Austria we have mayors. Just 169 are female – that is an increase (!) of 373% since 1999. (8%; lower Austria ist he only province which has a double figure – 12%)
Beside that we have a rural depopulation – mainly well educated women move to bigger cities with more possibilities on the labour market and more infrastructure for child care, education and so on.
- want to raise their knowledge about the political systems on local, national and european level
- want to understand political correlations
- are interested in taking over responsibility in any decission making boards
- want to learn together with other women in a closed group
- want to support each other after the project
Empowerment and encouragement
Knowledge about political systems and mechanisms on municipal, nationals and european level
intergender dynamics concerning power